Pilot our boats without a licence!
Season over, see you in 2021!
Whether you're alone, as a couple, with family or friends, take the controls of one of our electric boats and sail along the oldest section of the Canal in the Historic Centre to meet Belgium's oldest boat lift, hydraulic lift no. 1 (1888)!
Boat trip / Duration: 1h
Watch out !
For everyone's health, procedures are put in place at the different stages of your visit. It is important to read them.
- Reservation is MANDATORY.
- n order to better manage peak periods as well as the flows and crossings of people, we have spread out the time slots of the boats available (+/- 15 minutes between each departure).
- LeThe reception area at the entrance to the site is equipped with a glass partition. We ask you to enter it only one person per crew for the payment of the reservation and the administrative formalities. Please respect the minimum social distance of 1.5 metres in the outside queue.
- Payment is currently only by credit card.
- Please respect the signs and physical barriers designed to maintain social distance.
- Only an employee of the Voies d'Eau du Hainaut ASBL can give you permission to go down to the pontoon when the conditions are met (boat prepared and disinfected + free pontoon).
- Wearing a mask is strongly RECOMMENDED on the pontoon as it is narrow. Wearing a mask does not exempt you from respecting the barrier gestures.
- The staff will clean the main parts of your boat (steering wheel, forward/reverse gear levers, shelves, seats, dashboard) before each departure with disinfectant.
- All waistcoats are sprayed with disinfectant between 2 rentals. They must be worn by children aged 12 and under. For adults, wearing a waistcoat is recommended but it is compulsory to keep it close by on board.
- Before you return to the base, anticipate and stow your boat in order to disembark and free the pontoon as quickly as possible for the next guests. Wait for instructions from the staff before leaving the boat.
- Dogs are not allowed on board our boats, and there is no access for PRMs
To make a reservation, please contact our reservation department on 0032 78/ 059 059 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
In May - June: only weekends and public holidays.
In July - August - September: Tuesday to Sunday. From 10 am to 6 pm (last departure at 5 pm).*
* Attendance required 15 minutes before departure, to complete administrative formalities and schooling.
Our boats are available until Sunday 4 October.
Authorised for children of walking age
Prices/ 1 hour
- 5-seater boat
- 7-seater boat
Accessible for children of walking age.
Driving the boat is possible from 16 years old, under adult supervision.
Cantine des Italiens, Rue Tout-y-Faut 90, 7110 Houdeng-Goegnies